Before a Body Waxing Treatment
- Hair should be at least ¼ inch to ½ inch for best results. ½ inch is best for coarse hair
- Refrain from taking a shower or bath immediately before treatment. Soaking the hair will soften, allowing the hair to break easily, making wax less effective.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol: causes inflammation
- Exfoliate a day before a scheduled wax
- It is best to wax 2 days before or 2 days after your monthly cycle as you can be more sensitive during this time
After your Body Waxing Treatment
Because waxing removes hair from the root, its important that you keep the area clean and bacteria free. Therefore, for the next 24 – 48 hours for all waxed areas, avoid the following:
- Use of exfoliating products
- Direct sun exposure and tanning beds
- Deodorant: it results in irritation and clogging of open follicles
- Wearing tight fitted clothing: results in irritation and inflammation
- Excessive heat: such as hot tubs, baths, and saunas, Warm showers are okay
- Exercise: it may cause chaffing and sweating
- Applying lotion, make-up perfumes etc. to the waxed area
- Touching the freshly waxed skin. This encourages irritation
1-2 days Post Wax
- Exfoliate the skin 2-3 times a week: it is an important part of your regime, to rid the skin of dead skin cells, keeping your skin soft, and helping to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Following these after care instructions will only help make your next wax quicker and less painful.
- Regular facial waxing between 2-3 weeks and 3-5 weeks for body waxing will provide the best results, reduce ingrown hairs and break-outs.